Great Battles of the Civil War.
- White Space Revisited: Creating Value through Process.
- unprovdetualamb.ga: Janet Correll Ellison - History: Books?
- Broken Bands of Gold: Restoring the Covenant.
- On to Atlanta: The Civil War Diaries of John Hill Ferguson, Illinois Tenth Regiment of Volunteers.
- On to Atlanta : The Civil War Diaries of John Hill Ferguson, Illinois Tenth Regiment of Volunteers?
- History: Primary Sources: US History to 1865 Sources Bibliography.
The Dogs of War: Stones River Bloody Winter Tennessee. General Lee: His Campaigns in Virginia, Lamson, U. Gettysburg, Day Three.
On to Atlanta : John Hill Ferguson :
The Long Surrender. The Lost History of Gettysburg.
A Glorious Army: Robert E. Lee's Triumph, Lee Moves North: Robert E. Lee on the Offensive. War Years With Jeb Stuart.
Reminiscences of the Civil War. Shades of Blue and Gray Harvest Book.
Show more. Poetry sellers , items Shop. Art sellers , items Shop. Fiction sellers , items Shop. Music sellers 74, items Shop. Biography sellers , items Shop. Literature sellers , items Shop. Photography sellers 79, items Shop. Religion sellers , items Shop. Architecture sellers 65, items Shop. Sports sellers 57, items Shop. Philosophy sellers 64, items Shop. A Scottish immigrant and a U.
- New Left Review, Volume 323 (September - October 2014).
- Key Management Ratios: Master the management metrics that drive and control your business!
- Genetics of the Epilepsies;
- Video Games in Education;
The annotated entries presented here, from and , describe life in the Tenth Illinois as the troops made their way through the Carolinas and Georgia under Sherman. In these pages the details of Civil War soldiering become real, immediate, and personal, as do the daily dramas of life on the march.
Smallpox struck Ferguson's unit early on, decimating his company; food, when there was any, was invariably poor; and always Confederate defenders waited up ahead, exacting a heavy toll on the advancing Northerners.
Selected Primary Sources - US History before 1865
These events and details, conveyed with all the force of Ferguson's fine intellect and superior powers of observation, offer an unforgettable firsthand view of that savage contest. Product details Format Paperback pages Dimensions x x Review quote "On to Atlanta is a well-edited contribution to Civil War scholarship. Ferguson's diaries are particularly unique. He not only recorded his regiment's movements, camp life, and battles, he also documented the struggles they faced together as well-from inadequate rations to smallpox. This work will interest people studying Georgia in the Civil War, especially the soldiers who served in the state, the destruction of public and private property, and the civilians who lived through the experience.
What was the life of a soldier like in the Union and Confederate armies? Ferguson's own writings help explain exactly what life was like in Sherman's army.
On to Atlanta: The Civil War Diaries of John Hill Ferguson, Illinois Tenth Regiment of Volunteers
Ferguson's diaries will prove very important to scholars of the war, adding a much-needed human touch to the perception of Sherman's army. It is genuine, uniquely personal, and close-up. They will like John Hill Ferguson. He was a good and decent man, with a keen eye for observation.
- Minimally Invasive Approaches to Colon and Rectal Disease: Technique and Best Practices.
- Screens Fade to Black: Contemporary African American Cinema.
- unprovdetualamb.ga: Mark A. Weitz - Americas / History: Books!
- PHP6 and MySQL Bible.
- Lectures on Closed Geodesics (Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften).
- Ergonomics Problems in Process Operations. Organised by the Institution of Chemical Engineers in Association with the Ergonomics Society. Held at the University of Aston in Birmingham, 11–13 July 1984.